Skip to main content

Birth of blogging



Today, after all these days precisely after two months when I started writing it feels as if my fingers have frozen and I have lost my mental dictionary of words! 
As I was typing and deleting and typing,  it struck me- why had I started writing this blog regularly so many years back? what was the reason due to which this blog took its birth?

The answer is simple and quite funny! 

Its Attention......Yes its attention. 

Just attention!

Why do we do the things that we do? 
Why do wear clothes and be so choosy about our shoes?
Why do we take hours to put on those gallons of makeup on our face? 
Why do we buy all those accessories and jewelries? 

Some will say to look beautiful and some will say to look presentable but the basic thing of looking presentable and beautiful is to seek some attention from people we care about or we don't know! 

Everyone seeks attention whether its a little baby, who hasn't yet spoken the first word  or a seventy year old who has tasted life, in all its flavors!

Emotions are also the resultant factor of this "attention" ! 

Loving a person is giving or taking a lot of attention even hating a person is  giving attention to that person! How? Well, when we hate someone we have to think about the person to hate him! 

Thus, thinking of someone in a positive or negative manner  is giving attention!

Similarly I required this attention. Needed this attention from you. Recollecting those days it feels funny how I had created my conception about love and you! 
And for this attention especially from you, I gave birth to my blog. Expressed those feelings, happy and sad, pleasurable and painful with my dust of wishes in writing. 
But the attention which only concentrated on you, when I started receiving that from all the people I knew and didn't know, it didn't feel bad. 

Today as I feel more free and explore myself, I can see the beauty of attention was just not you! 

You were someone who taught me the importance of attention. 
He is someone who gave me all the attention. 

The life is ours and it wont come twice.

Once we start thinking about ourselves opportunities would come knocking on the door! We can pull ourselves out from the worst of worst situations. 
Giving attention to own self is what matters.

Life is too long to waist it yet too short to achieve it! 

And we are too strong to be segregated. 

Loving own-self once in a while is not that bad and so being selfish isn't that big a crime! 

So, when I say I love myself, I love us and our strength of togetherness....












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Constant Change

Do you really get what you want? Or do you get what you deserve? The faith in you to reach there The finishing line, can you ever touch? The race gets to you at some point  And you start running in circles to catch the feather hanging at an arm's distance But don't you know, that chord is attached to you? The faster you run yet you cannot reach it and still run in circles! Look around you, all the moving wheels and the circles round and about  around you....rotating and changing Change is the only constant they say but what is the change? our body shapes our habits our environment our feelings our hormones our movements our ideas our ideologies our goals our love US? You? Yes you, the one reading this.....and also writing this You have also changed You are no more the same, from the one ten years back you don't care about the world, and don't wear makeup to hide the scar of that fall  you don't care about others' validation and don't wear to impress but to u

My City

Kolkata on postcard Kolkata Postcards photographs by Nemai Ghosh published by Starmark True to its title, the City of Joy as coined by the French author Dominique Lapierre, knows how to celebrate every victory, every win, even daily life. All my years in this city, it has taught me to LLC (Love, Live and Care).  There was a time when I wanted to leave. All my friends used to keep complaining about the faults of this city and they still do. Giving the idea that all this city did was to make you knock door for work and yet no opportunity came knocking on the door. I was influenced and I also wanted to leave.  On such an odd tiring day, after coming back home, my grandfather called me in his study. As I entered, the whole room was spread with the prints of photographs of his City taken by him. As I carefully positioned my stepping through the room, I fell in love with his City. So much known yet so unknown.  Later his idea got transformed into the 'Kolkata' Coffee Table Book and p

Wake Up

Wake up. Its early in the morning. I can see the sky through the bedroom window, changing colours. So many colours blended together so well. The darkness of the night is slowly turning into the brightness of the day. The silence of the night I can hear no more, are the birds waking up? or are they chirping to wake us up? The earth smells fresh The air feels fresh so I should freshen up and get ready for the day. Sipping on my green tea trying to recollect what unfinished work I had yesterday, I suddenly recollected my last night's dream. Dream of being big. Dream of achieving all my wishes one day. Dream of getting real. Dream that always brings a smile to my face. Dreams shouldn't be shared,everyone says, they don't come true then! So I kept the dream to myself. The day went on in its own pace. Every turn I take hitting hard on the dream I dreamt. Pushing me back into the reality of life, getting their joys from hammering on my dream. The