Skip to main content

Birth of blogging



Today, after all these days precisely after two months when I started writing it feels as if my fingers have frozen and I have lost my mental dictionary of words! 
As I was typing and deleting and typing,  it struck me- why had I started writing this blog regularly so many years back? what was the reason due to which this blog took its birth?

The answer is simple and quite funny! 

Its Attention......Yes its attention. 

Just attention!

Why do we do the things that we do? 
Why do wear clothes and be so choosy about our shoes?
Why do we take hours to put on those gallons of makeup on our face? 
Why do we buy all those accessories and jewelries? 

Some will say to look beautiful and some will say to look presentable but the basic thing of looking presentable and beautiful is to seek some attention from people we care about or we don't know! 

Everyone seeks attention whether its a little baby, who hasn't yet spoken the first word  or a seventy year old who has tasted life, in all its flavors!

Emotions are also the resultant factor of this "attention" ! 

Loving a person is giving or taking a lot of attention even hating a person is  giving attention to that person! How? Well, when we hate someone we have to think about the person to hate him! 

Thus, thinking of someone in a positive or negative manner  is giving attention!

Similarly I required this attention. Needed this attention from you. Recollecting those days it feels funny how I had created my conception about love and you! 
And for this attention especially from you, I gave birth to my blog. Expressed those feelings, happy and sad, pleasurable and painful with my dust of wishes in writing. 
But the attention which only concentrated on you, when I started receiving that from all the people I knew and didn't know, it didn't feel bad. 

Today as I feel more free and explore myself, I can see the beauty of attention was just not you! 

You were someone who taught me the importance of attention. 
He is someone who gave me all the attention. 

The life is ours and it wont come twice.

Once we start thinking about ourselves opportunities would come knocking on the door! We can pull ourselves out from the worst of worst situations. 
Giving attention to own self is what matters.

Life is too long to waist it yet too short to achieve it! 

And we are too strong to be segregated. 

Loving own-self once in a while is not that bad and so being selfish isn't that big a crime! 

So, when I say I love myself, I love us and our strength of togetherness....












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My City

Kolkata on postcard Kolkata Postcards photographs by Nemai Ghosh published by Starmark True to its title, the City of Joy as coined by the French author Dominique Lapierre, knows how to celebrate every victory, every win, even daily life. All my years in this city, it has taught me to LLC (Love, Live and Care).  There was a time when I wanted to leave. All my friends used to keep complaining about the faults of this city and they still do. Giving the idea that all this city did was to make you knock door for work and yet no opportunity came knocking on the door. I was influenced and I also wanted to leave.  On such an odd tiring day, after coming back home, my grandfather called me in his study. As I entered, the whole room was spread with the prints of photographs of his City taken by him. As I carefully positioned my stepping through the room, I fell in love with his City. So much known yet so unknown.  Later his idea got transformed into the 'Kolkata' Coffee Table Book...

A NEW BEGINNING

The carefree days of our school life, the days filled with a lot of fun and masti are all on the verge of coming to an end. Life was beautiful in those days when we fought for stupid reasons and quarreled with each other for silly things... maybe just for getting the window seat in the bus while returning home. Life seems to come to an end with the farewell of the school but when I look forward and see the rising sun from the dark clouds it just seems to be a beginning of a new life , a new beginning. Life is too long but time is too short and the world is very small. So may be the friends we are saying goodbye and ta ta and toddles today and make promises to meet each other again after we are well established ,may not meet them again but it may also happen that the classmates and batch mates with whom we didn't really get well in the 14 years of school life.... when bump into each other after several years become friends and discover the bond that we were unable to find...

Fear of Failure!

I am terrified. I don't know what will happen. Every decision of mine depends on the result that will be declared this weekend. The twenty fifth of February twenty seventeen will decide a lot of major things for me. I wont say it will decide my fate or destiny but it will surely show me how I am faring in whatever I want to do or should I just restart again. I hope the effort made last year will bear fruits this weekend. If I succeed I would know that my strategy was right and if I do not succeed then I still have to learn a lot more. Ha! All that is nice to write but the reality is something else! I can't think of failure. It brings the shivers in me. Its worse than experiencing ghosts! Its like falling from a never ending cliff without any parachutes and you don't know when you are going to hit the ground. If failure was a person I can't face him. I am so intimidated by him! I'd run from him the first chance I get. I have escaped and detoured from all th...