Skip to main content

Letter to my future self.

Dear Me,

I hope you are doing well! I know you have made through it! I wonder what the world is around you now! Maybe you are in a different city, in a different country! Hopefully, not in a different world! I surely can't be living upto the time when they finally make Mars possible for civilization!

Well, wherever you are, however you are, I hope you are doing well! I know you have these sudden fits of sadness that wrap you and you don't feel like going further anymore. I know how you feel and for your those times, I am writing to you. You read this and remember what you have gone through and how far you have come. You have never given up before and you can't give up now!

Do you remember, the nights you have spent planning your future! Filled pages in your diary with the things you wanted from yourself, from your life.

Do you remember, you always wanted to give your loved ones a better life. You have given up on so many dreams and chosen the dreams that were more practical for them!

Do you remember, when you had to move out of your ancestral house and you lived in a rented place for so many months, till you could get your own place.

Do you remember moving in your own place, and the many months you took to design the place like you had been writing in your diary since your childhood!

Do you remember going for your first ever family safari in the jungle and for the first time when you saw the big cat! The first ever tiger sighting you had, you couldn't sleep for two nights!

Do you remember making a promise to yourself of not driving till you had your own car and then finally purchasing your first car.

Do you remember your convocation day! I know your mother couldn't be there but you know the reason. She had an operation just a week ago. She was advised to not fly so close post operation!

Do you remember saving the franky, the parrot fish. The shifting of houses had taken a real toll on his health. He had turned black from the stress and you had to feed him lightly blanched green peas. The local aquarists had already given up hope and after a tiring two weeks you could finally see signs of him getting better. He has been a long companion! Does he still ruin your aquarium scape?

Do you remember your first job and the first promotion when you had the least expectation.

Do you remember leaving your first job, for the company you had initially started studying for your professional degree!

Do you remember the first day at work! Oh! You had a terrible washroom incident where you hadn't locked the door and it was opened by someone! I know, in your defense you will say that you thought you had locked it, but just didn't know the locks didn't work that way! You had an embarrassed red face the whole day!

Do you remember the first assignment! It seemed like a never ending job but you made it possible!

Do you remember the year when everything seemed to have gone wrong! The dreaded year of 2020 which had decently started for you but as the months passed by it seemed like everyone was slipping away! The loss of your Grand-dad just few days before your birthday! I know you still feel like he will be there when you enter his Study. You have never been good with dealing with the loss of your dear ones. You always feel like one day you will meet them. May be you will!

Do you remember that year when the whole world was on a lock down. Everything had come to a standstill! The world was working from home half the year and our new soldiers were the doctors, medical workers, bankers, policemen, news reporters and all those people who were working to keep the necessities flowing. Everyone locked in their homes and many homeless. People lost their jobs, many didn't have anything to eat. Everyone was fighting an invisible enemy, the Novel Coronavirus. The world had come together, by falling apart to fight this nature's bio weapon.

I don't know whether we will be surviving this pandemic.

Yes! I am hopeful we will be surviving this and that is why I am writing to you from the comfort of my home. You have been strong so far and I know where you have gone, you have proven your strength. You will be able to work through this as well. Life has been a hard teacher but you have proven to be a good student.

You don't have to worry about what is going to happen next. Just do what you do best and always know that I am with you.
Always.

With lots of love,
Me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Constant Change

Do you really get what you want? Or do you get what you deserve? The faith in you to reach there The finishing line, can you ever touch? The race gets to you at some point  And you start running in circles to catch the feather hanging at an arm's distance But don't you know, that chord is attached to you? The faster you run yet you cannot reach it and still run in circles! Look around you, all the moving wheels and the circles round and about  around you....rotating and changing Change is the only constant they say but what is the change? our body shapes our habits our environment our feelings our hormones our movements our ideas our ideologies our goals our love US? You? Yes you, the one reading this.....and also writing this You have also changed You are no more the same, from the one ten years back you don't care about the world, and don't wear makeup to hide the scar of that fall  you don't care about others' validation and don't wear to impress but to u

My City

Kolkata on postcard Kolkata Postcards photographs by Nemai Ghosh published by Starmark True to its title, the City of Joy as coined by the French author Dominique Lapierre, knows how to celebrate every victory, every win, even daily life. All my years in this city, it has taught me to LLC (Love, Live and Care).  There was a time when I wanted to leave. All my friends used to keep complaining about the faults of this city and they still do. Giving the idea that all this city did was to make you knock door for work and yet no opportunity came knocking on the door. I was influenced and I also wanted to leave.  On such an odd tiring day, after coming back home, my grandfather called me in his study. As I entered, the whole room was spread with the prints of photographs of his City taken by him. As I carefully positioned my stepping through the room, I fell in love with his City. So much known yet so unknown.  Later his idea got transformed into the 'Kolkata' Coffee Table Book and p

Wake Up

Wake up. Its early in the morning. I can see the sky through the bedroom window, changing colours. So many colours blended together so well. The darkness of the night is slowly turning into the brightness of the day. The silence of the night I can hear no more, are the birds waking up? or are they chirping to wake us up? The earth smells fresh The air feels fresh so I should freshen up and get ready for the day. Sipping on my green tea trying to recollect what unfinished work I had yesterday, I suddenly recollected my last night's dream. Dream of being big. Dream of achieving all my wishes one day. Dream of getting real. Dream that always brings a smile to my face. Dreams shouldn't be shared,everyone says, they don't come true then! So I kept the dream to myself. The day went on in its own pace. Every turn I take hitting hard on the dream I dreamt. Pushing me back into the reality of life, getting their joys from hammering on my dream. The