Skip to main content

Better Friend


The season of summer vacations in schools and colleges, humid and tiring afternoon, dark hot nights, early mornings....and the hardcore season of hard work has arrived. These passing by days reminds me of our old past gone by times.
I was small and so were you.
You were from a different school and so was I.
I was immature unlike you.
You were shy and so was I.
We walked down the same lane twice and thrice....yet again...
Killing time with your jokes and my laughter.
Even shy to take back my pen from you....in the fear that I might touch your finger.
Smile at each other without any reason
and our friends teasing us.
Clarifying your maths problems with the teacher cause you were too shy to even show them to her and tell her that you didn't understand.
Going out late from my home so that I reach my class late cause you were stuck in a traffic jam.
Not going to the classes, making excuses of stomach ache and headache cause I knew that you were not coming.
Attending classes even in high fever cause you were there and I had a chance to see you.
Saving and safely keeping even the chocolate wrapper of the chocolate that you gave me.
Getting drenched in the heavy rain or just getting "halka sa" wet in the drizzle....whatever it was, it had its own fun with you.
Making excuses of exchanging notes just the day before the final exam ....just for the sake of saying 'all the best' to each other.
Your mother catching you of dropping me home and you making different weird impractical excuses and then after reaching home get scolding.
I felt so bad.
As days past our friendship grew and then one day one small stupidity of mine ruined it all made things complicated.
I moved away....You pulled me back and when I came back you went miles apart.


Today again circumstances has brought us together.....the flavour of our old friendship feels again.Again another story is being recreated. Another mystery getting unfolded. Another history is being created for the newcomers of this world to learn.Another magic is being created.All over again.......Reborn.

Yet all the uncertainties in life remain. I got the old better friend but the dilemma of my career still remains. The confusion and stress of the other side of my life still remains.
Sometimes it feels as if I am losing myself in the lines of accounts....in the formulas of maths...in the graphs of economics.
These were not suppose to be my subjects.......I wanted to see the world through the lens, the big screen, the stage, the performer, but it seems as if I have just become a spectator of my own life, staying low, watching them perform.

I cant let that happen.

I have to stand up.

I have to hold the stick.

I believe someday I will be able to acquire what I had planned for myself.
I will stop criticising the play of my life and act on it rather.
Someday time will come.


At least one thing I know and I am fixed on is that I wanna walk the sands of time........being a better friend to you with every depreciating day.......



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Constant Change

Do you really get what you want? Or do you get what you deserve? The faith in you to reach there The finishing line, can you ever touch? The race gets to you at some point  And you start running in circles to catch the feather hanging at an arm's distance But don't you know, that chord is attached to you? The faster you run yet you cannot reach it and still run in circles! Look around you, all the moving wheels and the circles round and about  around you....rotating and changing Change is the only constant they say but what is the change? our body shapes our habits our environment our feelings our hormones our movements our ideas our ideologies our goals our love US? You? Yes you, the one reading this.....and also writing this You have also changed You are no more the same, from the one ten years back you don't care about the world, and don't wear makeup to hide the scar of that fall  you don't care about others' validation and don't wear to impress but to u

My City

Kolkata on postcard Kolkata Postcards photographs by Nemai Ghosh published by Starmark True to its title, the City of Joy as coined by the French author Dominique Lapierre, knows how to celebrate every victory, every win, even daily life. All my years in this city, it has taught me to LLC (Love, Live and Care).  There was a time when I wanted to leave. All my friends used to keep complaining about the faults of this city and they still do. Giving the idea that all this city did was to make you knock door for work and yet no opportunity came knocking on the door. I was influenced and I also wanted to leave.  On such an odd tiring day, after coming back home, my grandfather called me in his study. As I entered, the whole room was spread with the prints of photographs of his City taken by him. As I carefully positioned my stepping through the room, I fell in love with his City. So much known yet so unknown.  Later his idea got transformed into the 'Kolkata' Coffee Table Book and p

Wake Up

Wake up. Its early in the morning. I can see the sky through the bedroom window, changing colours. So many colours blended together so well. The darkness of the night is slowly turning into the brightness of the day. The silence of the night I can hear no more, are the birds waking up? or are they chirping to wake us up? The earth smells fresh The air feels fresh so I should freshen up and get ready for the day. Sipping on my green tea trying to recollect what unfinished work I had yesterday, I suddenly recollected my last night's dream. Dream of being big. Dream of achieving all my wishes one day. Dream of getting real. Dream that always brings a smile to my face. Dreams shouldn't be shared,everyone says, they don't come true then! So I kept the dream to myself. The day went on in its own pace. Every turn I take hitting hard on the dream I dreamt. Pushing me back into the reality of life, getting their joys from hammering on my dream. The