Skip to main content

I FEEL




Its raining.

I can smell the earth just as the drop of rain kisses the ground.....and the view of the earthen soil slowly getting soaked in the rain water.

The wind has an earthen taste in it.

Cool breeze touches my forehead n plains out all the stress lines...sweeps off my tears with its flow.....and yet another drop of tear makes its own path down my cheeks and slowly falls down making friendship with the rain.

It rains day and night.

And I stare outside the window ...blank.

Too many thoughts cloud my mind .

Too clumsy to distinctly separate them.

So many ideas rush into my little brain at one point of time,

And the next minute I feel so blank.



The clouds draw up close and it gets more dark.

I feel dark too....mixed feelings clouding my heart.

It seems as if the Sky is in war with the Land.

One showing how much it can pour and the other showing its power to soak down the downpour.



At home day and night.

Confined within the four walls of my room,

My feelings confined in my heart.

Open diary on the table, pages flying out here and there...

Open wound in the heart vulnerable to the world.



Segregated ,seperated, alienated from the rest of the world.

Saved and treasured time only for myself,

Just to know who I am, Why I am...

Recollecting and reliving...

The lost times of my life....




I realize its hard to forget and even harder to forgive....

And the power of endurance increases with time.

As life matures with the growing time so does its complexities...



Its hard to define even harder to explain...

I myself don't understand

which phase of life I am going through.

Are things that has happened before are repeating itself or is it something new

Everything feels just so same ,monotonous, repetitive....


It has stopped raining

The ground is wet.

But still the clouds don't seem to clear up.

Its grey outside....and so is my inside...



Hardly three weeks left for the festive month of Kolkata to begin....

The Durga puja,

The colors, the pandals ,the food, the mid-afternoon and late night addas
No restrictions for the five days.
The sound of dhak,
men dressed up in their best, women decked up with their new jewelleries
children and youngsters and teenagers showing off their new clothes.
A total “hoichoi” in the para and all around Kolkata.
Old friends, relatives meeting up at this time of the year.

The shopping has already started and everyone busy buying
Everyone so busy…..
Yet I am here in my space
Unlike a Bengali not excited even the slightest by the festive fever around
I am just not liking all this around…
Rather nowadays nothing excites me I’m not surprised at any sight….
Ever season every festive day seems like another usual day for me...
Indifferent to the world and the world indifferent to my reactions....

Just following the daily routine....
I continue doing my work, my daily job and my duties to everyone .....
Whether I am benefited or I'm at a loss is no more my concern -I feel.

Comments

  1. shubhankar adhikari21/9/11 2:22 AM

    is it ur personal feelings or d character's??is it ur personal feelings or d character's??

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are just random thgts penned down...monologue kind of...mologue kind of...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Constant Change

Do you really get what you want? Or do you get what you deserve? The faith in you to reach there The finishing line, can you ever touch? The race gets to you at some point  And you start running in circles to catch the feather hanging at an arm's distance But don't you know, that chord is attached to you? The faster you run yet you cannot reach it and still run in circles! Look around you, all the moving wheels and the circles round and about  around you....rotating and changing Change is the only constant they say but what is the change? our body shapes our habits our environment our feelings our hormones our movements our ideas our ideologies our goals our love US? You? Yes you, the one reading this.....and also writing this You have also changed You are no more the same, from the one ten years back you don't care about the world, and don't wear makeup to hide the scar of that fall  you don't care about others' validation and don't wear to impress but to u

My City

Kolkata on postcard Kolkata Postcards photographs by Nemai Ghosh published by Starmark True to its title, the City of Joy as coined by the French author Dominique Lapierre, knows how to celebrate every victory, every win, even daily life. All my years in this city, it has taught me to LLC (Love, Live and Care).  There was a time when I wanted to leave. All my friends used to keep complaining about the faults of this city and they still do. Giving the idea that all this city did was to make you knock door for work and yet no opportunity came knocking on the door. I was influenced and I also wanted to leave.  On such an odd tiring day, after coming back home, my grandfather called me in his study. As I entered, the whole room was spread with the prints of photographs of his City taken by him. As I carefully positioned my stepping through the room, I fell in love with his City. So much known yet so unknown.  Later his idea got transformed into the 'Kolkata' Coffee Table Book and p

Wake Up

Wake up. Its early in the morning. I can see the sky through the bedroom window, changing colours. So many colours blended together so well. The darkness of the night is slowly turning into the brightness of the day. The silence of the night I can hear no more, are the birds waking up? or are they chirping to wake us up? The earth smells fresh The air feels fresh so I should freshen up and get ready for the day. Sipping on my green tea trying to recollect what unfinished work I had yesterday, I suddenly recollected my last night's dream. Dream of being big. Dream of achieving all my wishes one day. Dream of getting real. Dream that always brings a smile to my face. Dreams shouldn't be shared,everyone says, they don't come true then! So I kept the dream to myself. The day went on in its own pace. Every turn I take hitting hard on the dream I dreamt. Pushing me back into the reality of life, getting their joys from hammering on my dream. The